Raffle Permit Information
Gaming events such as raffles, casino or Las Vegas nights, or poker tournaments may only be conducted by a non-profit organization (whether or not incorporated) that has been organized and actively functioning in Massachusetts for at least two years and is one of the following:
- Veterans' organization chartered by Congress;
- Church or religious organization;
- Fraternal or fraternal benefit society, such as an Elks Club or union:
- Educational or charitable organization;
- Civic or service club; or
- Other club or organization operated exclusively for nonprofit purposes.
Step 1: Before completing your application for a permit to hold a raffle or bazaar, please take a few minutes to read the “Massachusetts Attorney General’s Advisory on Raffle/Bazaar/Poker Tournament Rules and Regulations” at:
You may wish to print a copy to retain these for your records.
Step 2: Complete one (1) copy of the Application for Permit to Conduct Raffles and Bazaars, please be
sure to have original signatures on copy. CLICK HERE for an Application Form.
Step 3: Contact the Town Clerk’s Office to obtain the State’s green slip entitled Notice of Issuance of Raffle and/or Bazaar License City or Town (This form is not available on line).
Complete the appropriate sections of the green slip and sign the back.
Step 4: Send by mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver in person the copies of:
- the application,
- the green slip,
- proof of your organization’s non-profit status, and
- pay online or include a check made out to the Town of Carlisle for $20.00 to the Town Clerk’s Office at the address below:
OFFICE OF THE TOWN CLERK
66 WESTFORD STREET
CARLISLE, MA 01741
Before your permit expires: Please complete an Annual Report Form and submit two (2) copies to the Town Clerk’s Office within thirty (30) days of the expiration of your permit.