Welcome from the Chief:
On behalf of the Carlisle Fire Department, welcome to our web page. The Carlisle Fire Department is unique as an all call service and has a 90-year tradition dedication to serving the residents of Carlisle in times of need. We hope to provide you with important information as well as serve you better. This site will help acquaint you with our scope of services and access to them. Please contact me with your feedback and suggestions.
Chief of the Fire Department
Message about COVID-19
We are well served with EMS resources for a town with a population the size of Carlisle’s:
- Over twenty of your neighbors on the department are trained as EMT’s and we are ready to serve your needs.
- We retained our previous ambulance as a backup when we recently purchased our new one
In an effort to conserve precious personal protective equipment (PPE) by limiting the exposure of our EMTs there may be some changes in how we transport patients:
- The EMTs will not be wearing full protections unless warranted by the patient’s condition. For a broken foot, the EMT’s will not be fully gowned.
- For patients who are able, we may ask you to walk outside to be assessed.
- We may also ask you to walk yourself to the ambulance to be transported.
- If possible, a single EMT will have direct patient contact.
You can also help conserve PPE. Please contact your medical provider to confirm that it is necessary for you to visit their office. If it is not required, you can protect yourself and conserve PPE by limiting face to face medical visits.
Carlisle’s video about our response to the virus can be viewed at: Carlisle’s response to COVID-19
- To protect the lives and property of the citizens of Carlisle from fires and disasters and to save lives by providing emergency medical services.
- To prevent fires and other emergencies through public education, fire prevention, planning, and code enforcement.
- To maintain the highest possible level of training for the safety of personnel and the public.
- To provide a safe workplace that encourages the professional development of all members.
The members of the Carlisle Fire Department are focused on maintaining the essential values of “caring professionals,” whose goal each day is to help out citizens with our skills, caring, and compassion in times of need and disaster.
|Matt Svatek||Deputy Fire Chief||287-0072
|Robert J. Koning, Jr.
||Captain||287-0072, Ext. 334
|David A. Newman||Lieutenant||287-0072||L1@carlislefdma.org|
||Code Compliance Inspector
||287-0072, Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kim Donovan||Administrative Assistant||287-0072, Ext. email@example.com|