The Town Accountant’s office is responsible for maintaining a complete set of accounting records for the Town in accordance with UMAS (Uniform Massachusetts Accounting System) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) standards.
Some of the functions performed are:
- Examines all vouchers, department bills, and payroll for accuracy, fraud, legality and
- Processes biweekly payroll and bill warrants for the Selectmen to approve.
- Prepares monthly reports for the Board of Selectmen, the Finance Committee and all town departments on the status of their appropriation per MA General Law.
- Compiles and submits year-end reporting to the State.
- Prepares comprehensive financial reports for the Town’s Annual Report.
- Works with the town’s private auditing firm to complete town audit.