How can I subdivide my land?

The subdivision of land in Carlisle is controlled by the Planning Board’s Rules and Regulations Governing the Subdivision of Land. You should contact the Planning Office at 978-369-9702 for guidance on how to proceed with your proposed subdivision. The Board strongly recommends that you discuss a conceptual plan with them prior to filing any application.

Any land owner who wishes to record at the Registry of Deeds or file in Land Court a change to the lot lines of their land, a combining of lots, or a division of their land into smaller lot(s), but does not intend to create any new roadways to provide additional frontage, may file with the Planning Board an application and plan for a "(Subdivision) Approval Not Required (PDF).”This process is governed by the Planning Board’s ANR Regulations.

Show All Answers

1. What is the schedule of Planning Board meetings?
2. How can I subdivide my land?
3. What is a special permit and why would I need one?
4. What is site plan approval?
5. Is it possible for me to put an accessory apartment in my house?
6. Is my house on a public way (Town-accepted) or a private way?
7. How do I know if I live on a scenic road, and why does that matter to me?
8. How can I find out in which Zoning District my property is located - Residence A or Residence B?
9. What are the required lot frontages, lot area, and building setbacks in my Zoning District?
10. I am interested in putting a wireless facility on my property. What types of facilities are allowed, and what is the application process?
11. I am interested in going solar, and want to know if I may install a solar facility on my property.
12. Can I put a business in my home?