Licenses are valid for the year in which they are purchased, not a year from purchase. All 2023 licenses are valid through December 31, 2023
Annual Licensing process
An up-to-date rabies certificate must be on file before a license can be issued.
There are three ways to license your dog(s):
- Online – click here
- If you choose to apply and pay online you must email an up-to-date rabies certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a $1 fee per license, included in the online price, to cover mailing cost.
- By mail – download the application form here
- To apply by mail, please send your application, up-to-date rabies certificate, check payable to “Town of Carlisle”, and a self-addressed stamped envelope with $1.03 (non-machinable) postage in order for your tag to be mailed to you.
- In person at Town Hall
- To apply in person, bring your application and up-to-date rabies certificate. Payment can be in the form of cash, check, or credit card.
The license period is January 1st through December 31st. All dogs over 6 months old need to be licensed by March 31st every year. The cost is $15 for a neutered male or spayed female and $20 for an unaltered dog of either gender. For residents who are 70 years of age or older there is no fee but they are still required to license their dog(s) and the late fee can apply if unlicensed.
After March 31st a $25 late fee is added for unlicensed dogs. Dogs new to Carlisle must be licensed within a month of moving to Carlisle to avoid the late fee.
For more information contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 978-369-6155 or email@example.com