Public Safety Facilities Task Force
The mission of the Public Safety Facilities Task Force, in collaboration with other Town bodies, is to advise the Town as to the provision of modern police and fire facilities that are safe, functional, environmentally sustainable, and economical for the
present and future needs of the Town.
This task force will re-evaluate the concerns and deficiencies related to our current public safety buildings. It will consider the future of public safety and design for it; consider multiple purpose rooms and adaptable designs. In doing so, it will consider
the following questions:
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of building new vs. renovating the existing structures?
- If building new, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a combined facility vs. separate facilities?
- If building new (either separate or combined facilities), what are the potential uses of the existing structure(s)?
- What are the estimated costs and tax implications of each option?
- What are the space requirements of the facility/facilities?
- What sites are potentially available for the facility/facilities?
- How does the planning consider and compliment the work of other Town committees such as Master Planning, Municipal Facilities, and the Carlisle Energy Task Force?
- Committee members will also engage in a detailed assessment of public input and ultimately make recommendations to the Town regarding any plans or approaches to address current and future needs.
The Committee shall consist of up to 7 members consisting of at least 1 representative of the Municipal Facilities Committee and 6 at-large representatives of the community, each with professional backgrounds and qualifications consistent with those needed for the design and construction of a municipal public safety facility in Massachusetts. Police Chief, Fire Chief, and any town employees (regardless of residency) will serve as ex-officio, non-voting members.
Please find the documents that the PSFTF is referencing HERE.
Wed Jul. 20
Tue Aug. 2
Tue Aug. 16