Additional COVID-19 Resources for Carlisle Residents (updated on 5/8/2020)
The Carlisle Neighborhood Response Team (CNRT)
CNRT is a group of Carlisle volunteers who are available to provide support to Carlisle residents considered to be at high risk for contracting COVID-19 during this State of Emergency.
Their goal is to match those Carlisle Residents in need of additional support with a CNRT volunteer neighbor. When possible, a CNRT volunteer will help the resident set up safe on-line delivery of essential items. When on-line delivery is not a viable options, CNRT volunteers are available to help with a weekly pick-up and delivery. (New - View their website HERE)
There are three ways to contact the CNRT:
- CALL: (978) 254-0508 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. (If there is no immediate answer please leave a message with your name, return call phone number, address and your request.)
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out a request for support form HERE.
Carlisle Phone Pals
A new program in town to provide Carlisle Residents a way to ’stay in touch’ through phone calls. Sign up for a ’Phone Pal’ or to be a ’Phone Pal’ and for more information on this program HERE.
US Congresswoman serving the 3rd District of Massachusettes: Lori Trahan
Provides resources through her website HERE . The site includes information about the government’s response to COVID-19 at the local, state, and federal level as well as a list of helpful resources.
Massachusetts State Representative of the 14th Middlesex District in the House of Representatives: Tami Gouveia
Has provided a Community Resource Guide During COVID-19. This is available through a shared Google Doc HERE.
Grocery Delivery Options
The Health Services of the Carlisle Public School has put together information of grocery delivery options. This is information is available to print in PDF form HERE.
Ferns Country Store
Local country market providing front porch pick-up or delivery. LINK HERE for their Facebook site with phone number and a virtual chat box.
The following are alternative food sources and food pantry information. This information is subject to change. We recommend checking with each organization for the most current update information. Information (as of April 6, 2020) is available to print in PDF form .
CCHS Food Pick-up
CCHS Food Services will be serving bagged breakfast and lunches meals that can be prepared at home for Concord and Carlisle Residents. PICK-UP is ONLY between 8:30 am - 11:00 am AT the high school (LOCATED AT: 500 Walden Street, Concord).
The procedure for PICK-UP: Line up in your car. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING. An attendant will ask you to pop your trunk or rear door and will place a bag in your vehicle and if needed close the door once the meals are placed inside your vehicle.
Status of the program will be updated through CPS website, on Twitter @CPS_CCHSFOOD, @CPS_CCHS, and through emails from Superintendent Laurie Hunter. Please use this FORM HERE if you will be using this service so they know how many meals to prepare.
Massachusetts FoodSource Hotline
Phone Number: (800) 645-8333 Press #5 for food pantries. A live assistant will provide updated information for this area. TTY (800) 377-1292
HOTLINE HOURS: Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm Saturday from 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Local Food Pantries
The following are local food pantry resources. Users of the food pantry services are STRONGLY encouraged to either call or check the respective Food Pantry website to obtain the most current information about days and hours of operation.
- Acton Community Supper and Food Pantry - Registration is required for first visit to the pantry. Bring a photo ID and a second form of proof of residence. Information on registration, hours of operation and their location are found HERE on their website.
- Central Food Ministry - Each household member must provide a social security card. Family members who are 18+ years of age must have a photo ID and proof of residence. Pick-ups are made by appointment. Supply of food is available for pick-up ONCE A MONTH only fro a 5 day supply of food. For information on location, hours, and to schedule a pick-up visit their website HERE .
- Open Table, Inc. - Open to residents of any town. Anyone new to Open Table must sign up to schedule an appointment time. To do so, come to the front door between 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. Bring proof of birth and current residency for all family members. , For information on location, hours or their Drive-thru Pantry, and updates to their process during COVID-19 visit their website HERE.
- Salvation Army -No appointment or pre-registration required. Brig photo ID and proof of residency for all family members. For information on food pantry hours and location visit their website HERE.
- Sudbury Food Pantry - Anyone new to the food pantry must bring a government-issued photo ID and proof of residence (utility bill, drivers license). Registration starts at 11:45 am. For more information on hours, and location visit their website HERE.
Governor Baker’s Executive order on essential services - Farmers Markets and Farm Stands are essential. Here are some possible resources for farm-to-table food options:
- LOCAL: Clark Farm. LINK HERE for up to date information on the farm stand opening and CSA availability.
- MASS LOCAL DELIVERY: Where farms feed families with farm-fresh delivered to your door. (delivery fee an minimum order requires).
- MASS Farmers Markets Facebook page and resource HERE. Information on individual Farmers Markets and a list of winter markets.
- CISA: Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture provides resources for winter farmers markets, online order guides, year round farm stands and more. LINK HERE.
Massachusettes SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
Provides monthly benefit to buy nutritious foods for individuals and families who meet eligibility criteria. Additional benefits may be available during COVID-19. For information start HERE. Additional information on SNAP is available through Project Bread’s GettingSNAP.org.
THINGS TO DO
For an ever growning list of things do do on-line LOOK HERE .