COA CoVID-19 Information
LINK HERE for the Carlisle’s COVID-19 information.
LINK HERE for the additional COVID-19 Resources for Carlisle Residents.
COA Board Member Maxine Crowther provides helpful information for Carlisle Seniors:
- From the CDC: Actions to take if you are sick.
- From MSN: LINK HERE for current Massachusetts and state-by-state updates.
- From New England Journal of Medicine: LINK HERE for a review of the viability of the virus in the home.
- From Minuteman Senior Services: LINK HERE for information on services they are offering Seniors.
- CoVID-19 Communication Tool for the Deaf Community - The Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MCDHH) has created a CoVID-19 Visual tool to assist with communication in this population. LINK HERE for instructions and LINK HERE for the tool.
- LyftUp - Lyft has activated LiftUp. A program to donate tens of thousands of rides to those with essential transportation needs - especially for families and children, low-income seniors, doctors and nurses.
- From WCVB: LINK HERE for a list of stores with Senior shopping hours.
- Local Pharmacy Information - The Carlisle COA reached out to local pharmacies and got responses regarding pick-up and delivery. LINK HERE for this collected information. This information is subject to change. Please call the pharmacy to get the most current status.
ALTERNATIVE FOOD SOURCES
- For information on Food Pantries and alternative meal sources check out the information provided at RESIDENT RESOURCES.
FOR THE HOME
- From NPR: LINK HERE for sanitizing tips.
- From WIRED: LINK HERE for "How to clean/Disinfect Yourself, Your Home, and Your Stuff".
- From CONSUMER REPORTS: LINK HERE for "How to protect Yourself From Corona-virus When Grocery ShoppingFo." This could also be considered for anything you bring into your house from the outside (i.e. packages, mail).
- From MONEY: LINK HERE for an informative article about on-line shopping.
- From AARP: LINK HERE for Senior-related health information.
- LINK HERE for a proper handwashing technique.
- From Cyber-Seniors: LINK HERE Access FREE webinars and one-on-one phone tech support or call their toll-free tech helpline 844-217-3057. Cyber-Seniors is committed to keeping Seniors socially connected while remaining safe in their homes.
EXERCISE CLASS ALTERNATIVES
For alternative exercise class options and a other ’Things To Do’ check out the list of ideas HERE.
- Tips to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle for a great guide from the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.