How does my organization apply for a grant?
Grants for the 2017 cycle have closed and been awarded.
Grant applications are typically due in October. All applications are online and are available at the
Mass Cultural Council Local Cultural Council Program site.
Please note that the Carlisle Cultural Council has the following guidelines in addition to the online application.
CARLISLE CULTURAL COUNCIL GUIDELINES
Adopted December 2017
- Preference may be given to applicants with additional committed funding from Carlisle or other organizations at the time of the application.
- Applicants should clearly indicate when they are co-sponsored by another organization and the level of commitment from the co-sponsor.
- All applications must specify a committed date and venue for their event. Without this information,your application may not be taken under consideration.
- We are accepting online applications and are strongly encouraging all applicants to take advantage of this. Hard copy (paper) applications will be accepted only with prior agreement from the Council.
- Correspondence, including any clarifications and notifications of awards will be done via e-mail only. The email address on the application is one which will be used throughout the process.
- If applying to other Local Cultural Councils, be sure to include all possible Local Cultural Council grant amounts requested in your budget.
- All grantees will be required to send a press release or thank you letter to the Carlisle Mosquito,crediting the Carlisle Cultural Council.
- All grant applicants will be required to include number of Carlisle residents that attend events or are a participant member of organization as supplemental material.
- Average grant ranges for the past two years is $300 to $400.
- Also please note, upon award, all grantees should include specific language on ADA accessibility on all promotional materials, including directions to entrances.
Watch this space for the actual 2018 submission deadline. Please use this email address to contact us, email@example.com.
How much money is available?
Each year we get an allocation from Massachusetts Cultural Commission. In 2016, the award was $4,450. Our awards average $300 for grantees but preference is for local residents or local venues. By local, we mean Carlisle first and then adjacent towns.